Top 5 Tips for Healthy Hair
The first step to creating a gorgeous hairstyle is making sure your hair is healthy and in the best condition it can be.
A hair detox doesn’t have to mean going ‘au naturel’ and putting down your beloved stylers and products. Simply follow our quick everyday hair tips to getting healthy looking hair in no time.
- Don’t just wash your hair. It’s important to clean styling tools like straighteners and curling tongs at least once a week; product residue remains on these tools and when they are reused this residue is seared into hair which can damage it further and make it brittle. We recommend using alcohol and a soft cloth.
- Squeeze out as much excess water as possible before applying conditioner. Hair that’s saturated with water doesn’t have room to absorb anything else; we recommend you try this technique out when using our Moisture Seal conditioner and Moisture Seal Rejuvenating Masque to get even better results!
- Look after your scalp and your hair will follow. Your scalp affects the way that your hair looks- a dull, dry scalp means dull looking hair. Omega 3 fatty acids are crucial to the health of your scalp and can be found in foods like walnuts, fish and flaxseed.
- Let your products do the hard work. Even if you just use shampoo and conditioner make sure you work them in your hands to emulsify them before applying them to your hair- let the products work hard so you don’t have to!
- Boost moisture in your hair. Hair needs a specific balance of moisture to make it healthy and manageable. A naturally occurring substance called Sebum locks in the moisture in your hair. Sebum is washed away by normal shampoos but applying oil, such as the unique Renovoil Complex™ in our Salon at Home Strength & Repair treatment, to hair can help to protect it by penetrating deep inside the hair cuticle making it smoother and less prone to damage.